Negative Spaces IS ALMOST HERE
Negative Spaces explores both the sounds you hear and the silences that give them meaning. Listen as musicians harness the power of both sound and silence in a stunning range of repertoire, from Debussy’s evocative Clair de Lune and the iconic film score of The Dark Knight to Shostakovich’s mighty Fifth Symphony. You won't want to miss it.
YOU'RE INVITED! A VIRTUAL CELEBRATION OF OUR 46th SEASON!
Join us virtually on Thursday, November 11 at 7 P.M. as we celebrate EYSO's 46th season. Hear from our student musicians, get a behind the scenes peek of rehearsals and journey through the season with Artistic Director Matthew Sheppard. We will also give you a glimpse into our newest initiative "Starter Strings".
This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited and advance registration is required. To register, email Kyla Brittain at email@example.com or call 847-558-2246, to reserve your space.
EYSO IN THE NEWS
Starter Strings is an initiative that eliminates some of the traditional barriers of classical music education. In addition to being tuition free, all students received access to rental instruments free of charge thanks to William Harris Lee & Company.
Read the full article.
YOUNG ARTISTS CONCERTO CONCERT
The winners of this year’s Concerto Competition were:
- Harry Graham (St. Charles) performed the first movement of Paul Hindemith’s Der Schwanendreher.
- Niku Myers (West Chicago) performed Fantasy on Japanese Wood Prints by Alan Hovhaness.
- Ella Petersen (St. Charles) performed Johann Hummel’s Fantasie in G minor.
- Kennedy Buehler (St. Charles) performed the first movement of Edward Elgar’s Cello Concerto.
- Mina Chang (Naperville) performed the opening movement of Felix Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto.
10.9.2021: Young Artists Concerto Competition
10.24.2021: Primo Informance
10.24.2021: CMI Dress Rehearsals
10.31.2021: CMI Dress Rehearsals
11.7.2021: CMI Concert Day
11.14.2021: EYSO Concerts
11.21.2021: Winter Break- No Sunday Rehearsals (Resumes January 9)
11.30.2021: Giving Tuesday